1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
went on a trip by myself
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
yes, and it's awesome because they were those cynical resolutions you make thinking, yeah, like that'll ever happen.
I'm going to read more french literature.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
yes, but we weren't close at the time. We were before and we are now, but we were "fighting."
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
i don't have a passport
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
stronger faith, more assertiveness
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April, because I finally made up with my best friend after far, far too long.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
it was more a year of hundreds of little achievements. growing up.
9. What was your biggest failure?
nothing comes to mind.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
the world's most perfect boots: green suede with 1/2" heels and laces.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Lisa's, Anya and Todd (twice!), Bryan's.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
One person. Only one person. And I'm the most hyper-sensitive, quick-to-anger-type person anyone knows.
14. Where did most of your money go?
rent, vacation, food, cigarettes.
15. What events did you get really, really, really excited about?
Anya and Todd's Thanksgiving news, Jason Webley coming to Albuquerque, getting a cat.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
"Push it to the Limit."
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
Happier or sadder? happier. Definitely happier.
Older or wiser? Older
Thinner or fatter? Thinner
Richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
swimming in Winslow and Sedona
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
with my boss
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
yes, many times over.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
House, Scrubs, Reno 911
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes, but it's an on-again, off-again type of hatred.
24. What was the best book you read?
"Infinite Jest," for the first time.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery or rediscovery?
Sexy Smooth Johnny Nash, "I Can See Clearly Now."
26. What did you want and get?
Many things: my friend back, a boyfriend, an apartment, a trip, training to be a baker, an all-gray kitty, et al.
27. What did you want and not get?
a room in this certain house, but it worked out way better in the long run.
28. What were your favorite films of this year?
"The Princess Bride." No contest.
Although as far as films of 2006, "Night at the Museum" was good, and "Little Miss Sunshine" made me laugh so hard I cried.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
22. I have no memory of my birthday, except I was mad at Bryan.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not feeling so paranoid all the time.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
32. What kept you sane?
Lisa. She is always there for me, and she always knows just what to say.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
34. Whom did you miss?
Cammie, Neil, Mary and Alex, Mari, Megan, Cindy.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Amandia, Todd and Anya, Kelly, probably some others.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
No disappointment lasts more than a couple of weeks.